Finding transactions that were entered automatically crashes GnuCash

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
04 Jan 2003 17:14:27 -0500

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed report...

wohler@newt.com (Spamassassin Mail Filter) writes:

>   Click on the Find button and search for that transaction. (Yay! Focus
>   is now set to the description field and Enter submits the search!
>   Thanks!). Scroll to the top of the Find register and note that the
>   first transaction has a date of 1969-12-31 and some bogus accounts
>   (for example, f3dce4920b7d657943ea29f57).

First, you're welcome about the focus.  It was a PitA to get it
working, and I'm not convinced I got it right in all cases...

Second, could you tell me what search values you chose to actually
find the transaction?  The fact that you're getting the 'f3dce...'
account means that you're finding the SX, not the real transaction.
This is clearly a bug.

>   Click on the first account field. The bogus account name disappears.
>   Click on the second account field. GnuCash dies with a "Application
>   "/usr/bin/guile" (process 17543) has crashed due to a fatal error.
>   (Segmentation fault)

Um, what 'second account field' are you supposed to click on?

Thanks!!