help

Derek Atkins warlord@MIT.EDU
05 Jan 2003 12:51:46 -0500

David Hampton <hampton@rainbolthampton.org> writes:

> On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 08:18, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > Glen Ditchfield <gjditchfield@acm.org> writes:
> >
> > > I'd like to see the New Account Hierarchy druid offer this simple hierarchy
> > > right up front.  It would be a nice, unintimidating way for newcomers to get
> > > started.
> >
> > Hmm, I think I could probably do this.  The only potential issue I can
> > think of is that if you click on "select all", it might look somewhat
> > funky because you'll have a top-level "Checking Account" which
> > probably should not be there.
>
> How about just enabling the "Common Accounts" by default?  Its a simple
> enough setup, and doesn't have the problem of any conflicts if the user
> wants to enable more sets of accounts.  Perhaps a stripped down version
> of the common accounts that has:
>
> 	Assets:Current Assets:Checking Account
> 	Income
> 	Expenses
>
> This also would produce no conflicts.

I suppose that would work.  I was just looking at how to change the
'select all' functionality so that it would skip certain accounts (I
am not conviced that the business chart should be included, even in
'select all'), but this would obviously be a simpler solution if it
suffices for Mr. Ditchfield?