report display oddity

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Jan 28 09:40:04 CST 2003

Interesting...  If I set my LANG to en_GB.UTF8, I can reproduce this
error.  I also get the following:

Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C

Feel free to submit a bug report under UI-general (because this
affects the currency symbol everywhere, not just in reports).

In the short term you can probably just sent the LANG in your .profile
or .cshrc file.  In the longer term we should figure out why the UTF8
lang causes this problem (note that it could be a bug in the locale
specification -- or it could be a bug in handling the UTF8).

-derek