report display oddity

Reinke Bonte reinke.bonte at web.de
Wed Jan 29 13:14:48 CST 2003

On 28 Jan 2003 22:33:53 -0500
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> Reinke Bonte <reinke.bonte at web.de> writes:
>
> > My comments may not be very qualified, but anyway:
> >
> > On 28 Jan 2003 09:40:04 -0500
> > Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote:

> This is (slightly) different..  What I saw was more than just reports
> being incorrect.  Even non-reports were showing the incorrect
> multi-byte currency character in my example.

Okay, I didn't know that. The status bar used to show incorrect
characters instead of the Yen character in version 1.6.8, this however
seems to be fixed in 1.7.x versions.

> > I think this is only a "reports" bug. I had always thought it has
> > been filed under #84604, but I just saw that #84604 is guppi
> > related, and ours not. If you want I will file a new bug report, I
> > never could display multi byte characters in reports.
>
> Negative.  It's more than just a report problem.  The way I can tell
> is that I've got a test account denoted in GBP, and when I run with
> LANG=en_GB.UTF8 I see the bogus "pound" character not only in reports
> but also in the main-window status bar!  So, that's why I think it's
> more than just a report issue.

Maybe my problem is completely unrelated. I have no problems with
multi-byte characters outside of reports and outside the xml file.

Have you tried to create an alias, as I described earlier? Are you using
a unicode font? As far as I know, there are two pound characters defined
in unicode, one single-byte and one multi-byte pound character.
en_GB.UTF8 seems to define the multi-byte character as currency symbol,
so you need a font that can display this character.

> So, yes, please file a new bug report on this.

I will.

> -derek

Reinke