assets and loans guide

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Jul 3 19:36:11 CDT 2003

I've started wading into the wonderful world of chapter 8 (assets and
loans) of the tutorial and user guide.

If anyone has any dusty documents and/or good mailing list discussion
links which relate to these topics, feel free to send 'em my way!

These are the section titles:

8.1 Setting up Accounts (Discussion of ways to handle appreciation,
depreciation, principal and interest payments, gains)
8.2 Buying a House with Related Mortgage (How-To)
8.3 Buying a Vehicle with Related Loan (How-To)
8.4 Entering a Payment Schedule
8.5 Selling a House or Vehicle (How-To)
8.6 Recording Changes in Value
8.7 Tracking Other Assets (How-To)
8.8 Reconciling with the Loan Statements (How-To)
8.9 Putting It All Together (Examples)

One topic I am especially interested in getting more info on is how to
handle depreciation.  A little googlage led me to this slashdot
interview with Robert Merkel in which in question 6 he states, "for
instance, Chris Browne wrote some nice clear explanations of
depreciation expenses".

http://slashdot.org/interviews/01/07/05/1456248.shtml

Does anyone have this document?

--