accounts payable take 1

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Jul 24 22:48:35 CDT 2003

The Accounts Receivable has been written up now:
http://www.jandr.org/temp/gnucashdocs/bus_ar1.html

(basically, it is identical to AP, after s/Vendor/Customer/)

Derek Atkins wrote:
 >>Should I put screenshots of the applications in each section?  I'm
 >>okay with doing that, but the section is going to become VERY long
 >>with all the screenshots because some of the AP windows are very long.
 >

 > Well, you could break the section into sub-sections?  I think screen
 > shots are always a good idea.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing just that.  To do so would probably
mean making seperate chapters for accounts receivable, accounts payable,
  and payroll.  Ugh.  Basically, splitting up the business chapter into
many chapters.  Which, isn't a bad idea, certainly leaves more room for
growth.

I'll add screenshots.

 >>Section 11.4.4
 >>What does "Invoice Info - Date Opened" refer to in the New Bill
 >>window? Is it the date the invoice was created (probably while still
 >>in the vendor's hands), or the date you receive the invoice from the
 >>vendor?
 >
 > Uh, any of the above?  It has a clearer meaning for customer invoices.
 > (Customer and Vendor invoices share 95% of their code, so there are
 > some things that might not make complete sense in both contexts).
 > Suffice it to say that the "opened date" of a vendor bill isn't used
 > for anything except searches.

okay

 >>Section 11.4.5
 >>What does "Owner Info - Billing ID" refer to in the New Vendor Job
 >>window?  I thought a Billing ID was bill specific, so how can you
 >>specify a Billing ID for a Vendor Job which may have many bills
 >>associated?
 >
 > This is a Billing Reference ID for all bills associated with this job.
 > Again, this sort of falls out of the Customer Invoice (see, this is
 > why you should have done AR first ;)
 >
 > Basically, the "Billing ID" is something that get's printed on the
 > invoice to tie multiple invoices together, or provide some information
 > to the vendor (or customer) for their records.
 >
 > The idea is that it's useful to have an ID that you create and an ID
 > that they create, so that you can search on either.

okay

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil