accounts payable take 1

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jul 24 21:56:48 CDT 2003

Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:

> The Accounts Receivable has been written up now:
> http://www.jandr.org/temp/gnucashdocs/bus_ar1.html
>
> (basically, it is identical to AP, after s/Vendor/Customer/)

Ok, I'll take a look when I get the chance.  Note that A/R will
probably need to talk about printing invoices (including the use of
File -> Properties and the invoice "report" options) and not worry so
much about chargeback accounts issues.  However, you should talk about
how to handle the charged-back items.

> Yeah, I've been thinking about doing just that.  To do so would
> probably mean making seperate chapters for accounts receivable,
> accounts payable, and payroll.  Ugh.  Basically, splitting up the
> business chapter into many chapters.  Which, isn't a bad idea,
> certainly leaves more room for growth.
>
> I'll add screenshots.

I see nothing wrong with separate chapters for AR, AP, Payroll, etc.
I'd even add a chapter on "business reports"

-derek

PS: Good work so far!!!

PPS: Is there some reason we're copying both -user and -devel?