accounts payable take 1

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Fri Jul 25 11:11:42 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Jon Lapham <lapham at extracta.com.br> writes:
>
>>The Accounts Receivable has been written up now:
>>http://www.jandr.org/temp/gnucashdocs/bus_ar1.html
>>
>>(basically, it is identical to AP, after s/Vendor/Customer/)
>

> Ok, I'll take a look when I get the chance.  Note that A/R will
> probably need to talk about printing invoices (including the use of
> File -> Properties and the invoice "report" options) and not worry so
> much about chargeback accounts issues.  However, you should talk about
> how to handle the charged-back items.

I dropped a copy of Herman's Invoice printing and modifing text in
there.  It needs to be reformatte a bit, but at least there is something.

The mentioning of the File -> Properties is in an earlier section, I'll
move it to the A/R section (is A/R the only place that uses
File->Properties?).

In terms of the chargeback account issues and charged-back items, there
is nothing now.

> I see nothing wrong with separate chapters for AR, AP, Payroll, etc.
> I'd even add a chapter on "business reports"

Splitting into chapters now and adding screenshots.  I'll leave the
original "one monster chapter" version on the web site until these split
chapters are ready, then I'll announce to the list.

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil