"what's new" document

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Sat Jul 26 11:58:44 CDT 2003

Christian Stimming wrote:
> In case you have some time to spend on this: Basically a "What's new in
> Gnucash 1.8" text has been written by Chris Lyttle for the press notes of
> each release. But somehow nobody converted these email notes into some
> document that is included with the gnucash package. You/somebody would "only"
> need to take the text from the press notes and include it at some appropriate
> place in gnucash and/or gnucash-docs.

I think I found a good place for this text.  What about in the first
chapter of the user guide, "Overview of GnuCash"?  I can make a new
section called "Features".

So, within this new section called "Features", I'll add a list of all
the GnuCash features, with a subsection at the end called "What's New"
that describes the differences from 1.6.

What do you think?

Chapter 1 is currenty layed out like this:

-Overview of GnuCash
   -Introduction to GnuCash
   -About this Book
   -Top Ten Reasons to Use GnuCash
   -Installation

This "features" section could go between "Intro.." and "About..."

--
  Jon Lapham  <lapham at extracta.com.br>          Rio de Janeiro, Brasil