"what's new" document

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Sat Jul 26 11:44:46 CDT 2003

Jon,

You idea about where to put it sounds fine to me. The text is currently
on the GnuCash homepage with the release of the 1.8.2 version. Here it
is again for you;

What's New in GnuCash 1.8.2?

- Scheduled Transactions:
        GnuCash now has the ability to automatically create and enter
        transactions, remind when a transaction is due, give a choice of
        entering a transaction or postponing it and remove an automated
        transaction after a certain period.
- Mortgage & Loan Repayment Druid:
        Used to setup a variable payment loan scheduled transaction.
- Small Business Accounting Features:
        GnuCash now can be used for Customer and Vendor tracking,
        Invoicing and Bill Payment, and using different Tax and Billing
        Terms in a small business.
- OFX Import:
        GnuCash is the first free software application to support the
        Open Financial Exchange protocol that many banks and financial
        services are moving to use. The development of OFX and HBCI
        support has also resulted in an improved transaction matching
        system that more accurately picks duplicate transactions.
- HBCI Support:
        GnuCash is the first free software application to support the
        German Home Banking Computer Interface protocol which includes
        statement download, initiate bank transfers and direct debits.
- New User Manual and Help:
        A brand new user help has been written which focuses on how to
        do tasks in conjunction with a Tutorial and Concepts guide that
        gives the user background information on using GnuCash.
- New Multi-Currency Transaction Handling:
        GnuCash no longer requires separate currency exchange accounts
        to handle multiple currency transfers.
- Redesigned Menu's
        The GnuCash menu's have been redesigned to conform more with the
        new GNOME Human Interface Guidelines.

--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica