FAQs

Jon Lapham lapham at extracta.com.br
Thu Jul 31 17:13:24 CDT 2003

I just went through the last 3 months worth of the user mailing list,
and put together a few FAQs.  Ths is to go into "Appendix B: FAQs".  Any
obvious additions?

I think the philosophy here is to only include things that are not
obvious where to find the answer in the documentation.  So, for example,
even though the answer to the question "how do I find everything in a
search?" exists in the documentation, it is not obvious how to find it.
  Whereas a question like "How do I change the preference..." is obvious
where to find in the docs and need not go into the FAQ.  Sound good?

Oh, one other thing.  The last three questions were laying around in the
appendix .xml file from before my time.  Are they FAQs?  Anyone know the
answers?

Q: How can I combine the transaction from 2 accounts into 1?