Status of accounting period/book closing

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Thu Jul 31 23:24:31 CDT 2003

FYI,

The Druid for closing accounting periods is beta (feature complete,
all known bugs fixed).  Please try it out, report bugs, make
constructive suggestions for GUI improvements.  (you will need to
be able to compile from CVS to try it).

Also: the actual trimming of data should also work.  You should be
able to open registers and see that old data has indeed been removed,
and that new 'opening balances' (dated for teh day of book closure)
that preserve the account balance have been created.  These are
routed to the nearest equity account.

Known bugs:
-- save doesn't save old books.  If you also use lots, save will
   corrupt your data and then crash.
-- price db is not trimmed at all.
-- no way to pull in old books for e.g. reports.
-- Hmm, I guess I should add the prefered equity account to
   the druid ...

--linas