Tutorial Installation Instructions.. take 2

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Jun 14 16:57:07 CDT 2003

Chris Lyttle <chris at wilddev.net> writes:

> On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 12:44, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 12:19:26PM -0700, Chris Lyttle was heard to remark:
> > > Well, I made the conversion part of the install process in order to keep
> > > the tarball small. I can, however, make a 'make html' target for the
> > > future to just generate the html in the gnucash-help and gnucash-guide
> > > directories.
> >
> > That would be good.  I don't understand the 'tarball' comment. No need
> > to include the html in the 'source' distro.
> >
> I think you got it, I wanted to avoid distributing the html with the
> source code tarball.

I see no reason why adding a "make html" would imply distributing
html with the source code tarball..  My belief is based on the same
reasoning where we don't ship binaries in the gnucash source tarball
even though we do a 'make all' before 'make dist'.