Tutorial Installation Instructions.. take 2

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Sat Jun 14 14:20:48 CDT 2003

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 12:57, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Chris Lyttle <chris at wilddev.net> writes:
>
> > On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 12:44, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > > On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 12:19:26PM -0700, Chris Lyttle was heard to remark:
> > >
> > > That would be good.  I don't understand the 'tarball' comment. No need
> > > to include the html in the 'source' distro.
> > >
> > I think you got it, I wanted to avoid distributing the html with the
> > source code tarball.
>
> I see no reason why adding a "make html" would imply distributing
> html with the source code tarball..  My belief is based on the same
> reasoning where we don't ship binaries in the gnucash source tarball
> even though we do a 'make all' before 'make dist'.

Um, you're confused. I wasn't implying, just stating my reason for not
making the html files until the 'make install'. Separately I agree with
Linas a 'make html' target would be useful if you just needed to make
the html from the xml files.

Chris
--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica