[g2port] compiles, fails on startup

sams at marketing-designs.com sams at marketing-designs.com
Tue Jun 17 14:39:48 CDT 2003

Derek Atkins (warlord at MIT.EDU) wrote:
> sams at marketing-designs.com writes:
>
> > I have successfully gotten gnucash compiled and installed with
> > absolutely no gtk-1/glib-1 libraries/headers.  Here is what I had to do
> > (Keep in mind this is LFS, so your packages might differ)
> > download guile-1.6.4, compile, install
> > download slib, install in $GUILE_PREFIX/share/guile/slib
> > download g-wrap, attempt to compile, but it doesn't find glib-2.0.  So I
> > had to do some crazy autofoo action to get it working (my solution was
> > just a hack, I am sure anyone who knows autoconf could get it working
> > correctly), install.  (make sure $GNOME_PREFIX/lib/libgwrap-glib.so
> > exists)
>
> Yea, we're going to have to do something about this, aren't we?
> I wonder if RLB is still reading this list?
>
> > download libgnome-http-1.0.9, compile, install (needed for gnucash)
>
> I presume this is GtkHTML?
no, the code in
ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/libgnome-http/libgnome-http-1.0.9.tar.gz

> > download cvs gnucash, change aclocal to aclocal-1.4 and automake to
> > automake-1.4 in macros/autogen.sh., compile, install
>
> are you sure you pulled down the gnucash-gnome2-dev branch from CVS?
> There should be no reason to specify aclocal-1.4 or automake-1.4;
> the code should work with all 1.x x=4,5,6,7.

positive.  I have 1.7.4 right now, and it fails horribly on the autogen

> > After all that work I get a screen that looks like it is going to come
> > up!  Yay, almost.  I get this backtrace.  Shall I submit a bug?
>
> Nope.  The g2 port is not considered far enough along to warrant
> bugs in the database.  Log into #gnucash on IRC and talk to TomF and
> jpetersen and help them.
>
> > -------
> > Backtrace:
> > In unknown file:
> >    ?: 0* [gnc:hook-run-danglers #]
> > In /home/samuel/gnucash/share/gnucash/scm/hooks.scm:
> >   50: 1* [for-each #<procedure #f #> #]
> > In unknown file:
> >    ?: 2  (if (null? rest) (letrec ((lp #)) (lp list1)) ...)
> >    ?: 3  (begin (f (car l)) (lp (cdr l)))
> >    ?: 4* [#<procedure #f (dangler)> #<procedure
> > gnc:tip-of-the-day-startup-func ()>]
> > In /home/samuel/gnucash/share/gnucash/scm/hooks.scm:
> >   54: 5  [apply #<procedure gnc:tip-of-the-day-startup-func ()> ()]
> > In /home/samuel/gnucash/share/gnucash/scm/tip-of-the-day.scm:
> >   90: 6  (gnc:totd-dialog-create-and-run)
> >
> > /home/samuel/gnucash/share/gnucash/scm/tip-of-the-day.scm:90:9: In
> > expression (gnc:totd-dialog-create-and-run):
> > /home/samuel/gnucash/share/gnucash/scm/tip-of-the-day.scm:90:9: Unbound
> > variable: gnc:totd-dialog-create-and-run
>
> This sounds like either g-wrap isn't working right, or the Tip of the
> Day Dialog hasn't been ported.
I found the problem, and can get some sort of workingness out of the
gnome2 port now.  I had to change gnc:totd-dialog-create-and-run to
gnc:ui-totd-dialog-create-and-run.  Don't know if that is a g-wrap issue
or what.  Either way, I am hanging out in #gnucash, and will try to
submit more issues as I find and (hopefully) fix them.

--
Samuel Stringham                   /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Computer Consultant                \ /    Respect for open standards