sqlite file format, anyone?

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sun Jun 22 14:23:56 CDT 2003

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 09:00:10AM -0500, Matthew Vanecek was heard to remark:

> I may (have to) end up being entirely dynamic on the SQL
> generation--it's just that, for certain things, the queries just won't
> change from execution to execution (e.g., loading the accounts into the
> engine).  I want as much as possible to be static.

I'm not sure what you are saying.  The current postgres backend works
just fine and it loads accounts using a 'static' query.  Two points:

1) I don't think it would have added any significant overhead to
   run this from a dynamically generated query.
2) The 'problem' with the current postgres backend is that every
   new object, e.g. all of the business objects, one needs to
   hand-craft a new table, hand-craft the m4 code to convert
   the SQL table contents into objects, and etc.   If one is willing
   to do that work, then the current postgres backend is works great.

The problem, as I see it, is that I want to be able to describe an
object, and have it automatically save and restore itself from SQL,
without any further fussing about.  I wan to absolutely minimize the
amount of new code that has to be written to support a new object type.

--linas