Be careful about illegal constructs

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 26 13:09:39 CDT 2003

I just had to fix dialog-options.c because there was a section
of code that read:

        if (...)
        {
            DEBUG(...);
            GtkEntry * entry = ...;
        }

This is an illegal construct.  Please don't use it.  If you want to
use a DEBUG() like this, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change the code to:

        {
            GtkEntry *entry;

            DEBUG(...);
            entry = ...;
        }

I realize that gcc-3 does not complain about this construct, but
other compilers do (including gcc-2.9x).  Please be careful in the
future.

Thanks,