OFX URLs?

Jim Hunziker hunziker at alumni.princeton.edu
Sat Jun 28 12:17:03 CDT 2003

Before doing some searching through the gnucash and libofx archives, I
was trying to figure out how to download OFX files from my financial
institution that uses Direct Connect.

First I was sniffing my own packets, and getting some SSL servers, but
no URLs.  I tried connecting with OpenSSL to those servers and pasting
some OFX stuff, but it didn't work.

Then I went into Quicken's directory structure and started poking
around.  On both Quicken 2002 for Mac OS X and on Quicken 2002 for
Windows, there's a file called OFXLOG.txt.

In it, I found the following URLs.  Since some have more than just the
root server, I assume these are the things we need to talk to in order
to do Direct Connect.  The rest of this file looks like it has both the
OFX request and response for all the downloads I've done recently.

https://ofx.discovercard.com
https://ofx-prod-brand.intuit.com/qm1100/fib.dll
https://ofx.ingdirect.com
https://ofx.schwab.com/cgi_dev/ofx_server