SX's (was Re: Net Asset Calculation)

Derek Broughton dbroughton at netcom.ca
Wed Mar 12 10:50:20 CST 2003

From: "Tim Wunder" <tim at thewunders.org>

> On Tuesday 11 March 2003 11:31 am, someone claiming to be Derek Atkins wrote:
> <snip>
> > Are you willing to donate time and code to help fix it?  If not, then

I'm really new here - can't even get the CVS yet, though I've got the latest FTP
source - and I understand Tim's concern that this is a heck of a combination of
code, but I'm certainly willing to give it at try.

> Agreed (mostly), but a broken feature shouldn't be touted as a feature. At
> least warn the poor unsuspecting user that the feature is not finished.

And I agree that something that doesn't work shouldn't be touted as a new
feature.

> > Based on user experience so far, SXes have clearly _never_ worked
> > right.  But that alone does not warrant holding back a release.  SXes
> > are an extraneous feature, and we can easily tell users "don't use
> > them yet."  There were enough another other fixes completed to warrant

Hardly "extraneous".  That implies

And I agree that something that doesn't work shouldn't be touted as a new
feature.  However, it's a