Net Asset Calculation % suggestion: Wiki

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Mar 13 10:40:52 CST 2003

Olaf Faaland <ofaaland at attbi.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I've been testing RT, a ticket-tracker, and the folks who wrote it also have
> an knowledge base tool, called RTFM.  I'd been considering setting up anyway
> to see whether it works well.

Yea, I know of RT and RTFM.  Jesse (the author) is a friend of mine, and
lives a few blocks away....

> I'd be happy to set it up on a machine, give a summary of how good or bad it
> seems to me, and let folks play with it if they want to.  The main catch I
> would expect is that I haven't ever used such a tool before, so fine points
> will go right over my head.
>
> Alternatively, we use TWiki at work and I'd be happy to discuss my experience
> with that as well, or set one up and make it available for evaluation
> purposes.

I think we'd have to run any of this past Linas...  Unless we decided
to run it on Sourceforge.

> In fact, (after a tool is chosen and set up) I also wouldn't mind combing the
> mailing list to build FAQ entries, as long as it's OK that progress would ebb
> and flow.
>
> Any votes for/against either TWiki or RTFM?

I dont think I have a strong preference.  I've never really used RTFM.
I think we need to bring Linas into this discussion to decide whether
we can run it on www.gnucash.org or whether we should run it on SF.

> -Olaf

-derek