Wiki

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Mar 17 11:17:29 CST 2003

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 11:01:43AM -0600, Linas Vepstas wrote:

| On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 09:52:41PM -0800, Josh Sled was heard to remark:
| >
| > Specifically, I'm a _big_ fan of TWiki [twiki.org] ... the plugins and
| > skins are awesome.  I think we should setup Twiki on gnucash.org.  OTOH,
|
| Any sample URL's that demonstrate these awesome skins and plugins?

Unfortunately I've been spending all my Twiki time ... especially WRT
plugins at work, where the content is quite proprietary.

I like SeeSkin, which I've installed site-wide at
http://www.asynchronous.org/twiki/bin/view.pl/Main/WebHome ... one
of the nice things about the Twiki is that the skins are configurable
per-{site,web,user}.  One nice thing about SeeSkin is the smart use of
keyboard-accelerators for the common actions [edit, preview, cancel,
save, &c.]

The definitive site for Twiki is http://www.twiki.org/

Plugins, skins and add-on packages are listed
at http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/WebHome.  The
coolest plugins for our purposes would be the Bugzilla plugin
[http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/BugzillaLinkPlugin] and
Poll plugin [http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/PollPlugin].
MathModePlugin might be good for hashing out some math details
[http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/MathModePlugin],

A few new skins have popped up in the last couple of months
[http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Plugins/SkinPackage]  I'm still a fan of
SeeSkin, though some of the newcomers [Caboteria, Lkf, Void] are nice and
"clean".  I'd suggest starting with default or SeeSkin.  Maybe we can
open it up for a Poll, later.

| --linas

...jsled

--