Possible to build gnucash under slackware-9.0 gnome-2.2

corner at chello.at corner at chello.at
Sun Mar 30 22:03:14 CST 2003

I installed gnome-1.4 from slackware 8.1 and gnucash built fine.  I totally
screwed up my gnome-2.2 installation and had to reinstall it manually from the
slackware-9.0 cd.  I am sure I did it the hard way.  I went through garnome and
dropline gnome before I went back to the slackware-9.0 cd.  There has got to be
an easier way.  Some things are still broken (e.g. winex no longer runs
Civilization III) and I lost some of the personalization in my gnome setup.

Tom Corner

On 30-Mar-2003 Derek Atkins wrote:
> GnuCash is a gnome-1.4 application; you need a complete gnome-1.4
> build environment in order to build GnuCash.  And yes, you CAN build
> gnucash on slackware-9; others have done it just fine.
>
> -derek
>
> corner at chello.at writes:
>
>> I am trying to install gnucash under slackware 9.0 und slackware-9-0 with
>> gnome-2.2.  I ran into a problame with libxml.  I installed the latest
>> libxml2
>> and gnucash is apparently looking for an older version: libxml not libxml2.
>> Obligingly I installed an older libxml and now it can't find glade and gal
>> which are part of the slackware distribution.  I am going to try the cvs
>> now,
>> but I am not to keen on that and not expecting it to work.  Is there any
>> solution to this.  I had it running before somehow with slackware 8.1 and
>> gnome-2.2 installed with garnome.  I am not sure how I did that.  There
>> isn't a
>> binary for slackware is there?
>>

>> --
>
> --

|\/\/\___/\/\/| Carol Anne Corner &
\____ o o ____/ Thomas Corner corner at chello.at
     )   (     30-Mar-2003 21:58:14  Vienna,  Austria
    ( * * )   mailer: xfmail
     \___/ Web Page: www.corner.chello.at