configure error

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Sun May 4 16:02:48 CDT 2003

On Sunday 04 May 2003 2:32 pm, someone claiming to be Herbert Thoma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with the latest CVS I get this error in HEAD and stable branches.
<snip>
> configure: error:
>
>   popt 1.5 or newer is required to build gnucash. You can download
>   the latest version from ftp://people.redhat.com/sopwith/popt/, or if
>   you're running Debian, install the libpopt-dev package.
>
> make: *** [config.status] Fehler 1

So it's not just me...

>From config.log:
<quote>
configure:17552: checking for poptStrippedArgv in -lpopt
configure:17585:  -o conftest    conftest.cc -lpopt  -lm  -lm >&5
/home/dad/gnc_cvs/gnucash2/gnucash/configure: line 1: -o: command not found
configure:17588: $? = 127
configure: failed program was:
#line 17559 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

/* Override any gcc2 internal prototype to avoid an error.  */
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C"
#endif
/* We use char because int might match the return type of a gcc2
   builtin and then its argument prototype would still apply.  */
char poptStrippedArgv ();
#ifdef F77_DUMMY_MAIN
#  ifdef __cplusplus
     extern "C"
#  endif
   int F77_DUMMY_MAIN() { return 1; }
#endif
int
main ()
{
poptStrippedArgv ();
  ;
  return 0;
}
configure:17605: result: no
configure:17620: error:

  popt 1.5 or newer is required to build gnucash. You can download
  the latest version from ftp://people.redhat.com/sopwith/popt/, or if
  you're running Debian, install the libpopt-dev package.

</quote>

Regards,
Tim

--
RedHat Psyche 8.0, stock kernel, KDE 3.1.CVS, Xfree86 4.2.1
  2:55pm  up 5 days, 16:49,  2 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.24, 0.16