configure error

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun May 4 18:07:30 CDT 2003

ok, what version of auto-tools are you using?
In particular, what version of automake and autoconf?

I just tested CVS (1.l8 branch) and I cannot reproduce this problem
here, so let's figure out where you're different.  Note that I do not
believe that we support automake-1.7, so if you've recently upgraded
to am-1.7 you probably need to downgrade back to 1.6.

-derek