gnome2port: druid-utils.c

TomF TomF at sjpc.org
Thu May 15 10:05:10 CDT 2003

After this, the g2port team should just send our public communications
to gnucash-devel, without copying to individuals.  When a note to
gnucash-devel is copied to me, I get a duplicate.

Jan and I are both working on druid-utils.c and some related modules.
This thread is to resolve conflicts and to comment on the code.

My approach to druid-utils.c was to check the callers.  I found that
most functions had no callers, or just 1, so I deleted them and
modified the single caller. Only gnc_druid_set_colors had multiple
callers. I modified it to use the new gnome_druid function names.

Jan made similar modifications in all the functions of druid-utils.c,
and fixed the references to gnc_get_gdk_imlib_image as I did in
druid-stock-split.c.

I had one change to make in when I received Jan's note, and I used her
call to gtk_container_get_children to make it.

Jan,

Although I used only one line from your patch, it filled an important
gap in my knowlege of techniques for identifying g2 equivalents of g1
functions:  try looking at the object hierarchy to find a replacement
for a missing function.

My batch of patches is ready to send to gnucash-patches today.  I'll
hold off for a few hours to see if you want to comment before I send it.
I'll be watching the #gnucash IRC chat session, in case you want to
comment interactively.

Tom