GnuCash on Alpha

James A. Treacy treacy at debian.org
Sun May 18 23:33:10 CDT 2003

On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 04:48:22PM -0500, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 12:56:57AM +0930, Dan Shearer was heard to remark:
> > G'day Linas,
> >
> > I'm trying to get Gnucash going on Alpha/Linux, its the only machine
> > available for our home finances (how common is _that_ one?:) and I
> > really want to give Gnucash a burl.

I just want to check: you (Dan) are using guile 1.6?
alpha is one of the arches that gnucash has not been building
correctly on. It fails test-period in gnucash-1.8.2/src/engine/test
passes test-querynew and then freezes.

The above is from an autobuilder which makes it difficult to debug
myself. :) The autobuilder does not seem to have gotten around to trying
1.8.3 yet, but I suspect the same problem will occur.

See
http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=gnucash&ver=1.8.2-6&arch=alpha&stamp=1052197056&file=log&as=raw
for the full build output.

--