RunningGnucash´sdata file form a smb share

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue May 20 17:56:37 CDT 2003

Stephan Budach <budy at stephanbudach.de> writes:

> The error shown indicates that the file is busy, what is very clear to
> me, since I am using this filem but shouldn´t it work? The smb share
> is an a samba 2.2.7 server on a RH 7.2 box. If I try saving again to
> the same file Gnucash segfaults.

I have no idea what to tell you about the file errors..  As for the
seg fault, is there any chance you could attach gdb to the running
process and get a stack trace?

~> gdb
gdb> attach <pid>

where <pid> is the process id of the gnucash/guile process.

then...
gdb> backtrace

> I am running Gnucash 1.8.3 on a Mac OS X 10.2.4 and it was installed
> using fink.
>
> The error messages are attached as PDF files.

Well, the second PDF seemed a little pointless..  The first one showed
a standard error (so a bit useless -- you could have just transcribed
the error message is MANY fewer bytes ;).  The third showed the gnome
segv message (also a bit useless -- see above for getting more useful
information).

> Any thoughts are appreciated.

The only thoughts I've got is that SMB sucks and has some sort
of like or permission problem.  Honestly, SMB is not the best way
to share data across multiple unix OSes (and MacOS X is unix!)

-derek