On Periods, Reports, and Cash v. Accrual Accounting

Dan Means dkmeans at srsconsulting.net
Fri May 23 23:54:37 CDT 2003

No, on the contrary -- I see open source as my future and
salvation......l M$ bought Great Plains and Solomon a couple years
back...the proverbial 500 lb gorrilla of our business - and all the
other little guys I used to sell for are now part of other big
conglomerates like CA...you think M$ are difficult, try dealing with
CA......we're old FoxBase / FoxPro / SBT Accounting system lost
souls....but we've always sold source systems....just made sense to us
that the customer should always be protected...

This is my first real pass at using a LInux box as a daily driver,
although I've had the experience of supporting a bunch of old SCO Xenix
& Unix boxes -  but things are a  lot easier now with the graphical
interfaces than the 80's....

There's a huge number of business in this 5 - 20 user market...literally
thousands of potential consultants, serving hundreds of thousands of
clients...

So, I see a terrific opportunity -- figuring out how to add flexibility
to the reporting engine, how to "bolt on" additional functionality or
modules...

--
Dan Means
SRS Consulting, Inc.