GNOME 2 port patches [10]

Jan Arne Petersen jpetersen at uni-bonn.de
Wed May 28 01:53:11 CDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003 17:25:57 -0500, linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas)
wrote:

Hi Linas,

> > > here is a really big patch:
> > >
> > > * Add some libegg files.
>
> Uhh, I thought libegg was all the stuff in gnome that is explicitly
> unstable,  and is gaurenteed to change before it becomes a part of
> official gnome.  Or that is my understanding.  Are we adding a
> dependency on libegg? Or are we merely copying code from there?

We are only copying code from there.

The problem is, that there is no better code avaiable if you want to do
advanced menu stuff (like merging unmerging menus).

I don't believe that the code is 'really' unstable because it is already
used in some other applications (like epiphany) and i never noticed any
problems with this applications (related to that code). Maybe it isn't
'really' stable but it is at last more stable than any code which we could
create to do the same tasks if we don't want to use libegg.

Regards
	Jan Arne Petersen