Commitment to gnome2 port

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 4 16:20:17 CDT 2003

David Hampton <hampton at employees.org> writes:

> Yes. On the other hand, if we did so would we ever get around to fixing
> them before the support vanished from gtk? When Jan started the port he
> cut quite a few things over from the ctree widget to a model/view
> system.  I haven't done any new conversions here, just fleshing out the
> ones he started.

Yes, I think we would..  I think the key thing is getting all the
functionality working so we can "commit" to g2.  Then once we have it
all "working" we can merge back into HEAD and then work on upgrading
the other widgets.

IMHO once we have a "WORKING" g2 port we can merge into HEAD, and I
think that would alleviate Jon's concerns about "committing to a g2
release".

[snip]

I just ran it and it looks like none of the business features are in
there at all (or the menu plugin code doesn't work).   However I must
admit the UI looks pretty slick so far :)