A first stab at budgeting

Darin Willits darin at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Sep 17 15:25:05 CDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-09-17 at 12:38, Stewart V. Wright wrote:
> G'day Darin,
>
> * Darin Willits <darin at blueyonder.co.uk> [030917 12:00]:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Based on our recent conversations and Stewart's summary document, I have
> > gone ahead and put together an initial implementation of budgeting
> > support for gnucash.  I have submitted a patch to the gnucash-patches
> > list but just in case people are eager to see what (possibly)awaits them
> > I have put together a few screen shots to give you an idea.  You can
> > find them here:
> >
> > http://www.darin.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
>
> Thanks a lot for this.  I've been almost entirely offline for the last
> 2 weeks and I was worried that budgeting had died a rapid death.
>
> Keep up the good work.
>
> Do you want to send your message to the budgeting thread so those not
> on the -devel list can stroke your ego too?  I know it sure as hell
> deserves it!  :-)

Thanks! Right now I am more concerned getting feedback on the
implementation from the other developers, and hopefully getting it added
to cvs.  But the kudo's are nice too! :-)

> As an aside...
>
> Do any of the -devel people have any comments that they want sent back
> to -users?  (I guess you are all on -users and some have contributed
> to the discussion anyway...)
>

> Now I'm about to vanish from the net again for a few days.
> :(  Boo hoo hoo.

I feel your pain here.  I am moving back home to Canada in a couple
weeks so I have about 10 days left before my computer gets packed and
shipped.  I have a feeling I will be walking into my in-laws house with
Linux install disks in hand, looking for a machine to wipe! ;-)

As a corollary to the above don't be too surprised if development slows
down a little on this for the next few weeks.  I am already pushing the
limits of the missus' patience with the last two weeks of late nights.
If I leave her to pack the flat on her own, I'm as good as dead!

Cheers,

Darin