Anyone working on automating payroll calculation? (taxes etc.)

Russell Poyner rpoyner at facstaff.wisc.edu
Wed Sep 17 11:01:24 CDT 2003

It looks like the account structure is in place for payroll processing, so
that the next step is a module to automagically calculate the various taxes
benefits etc.

Is anyone working on this?

I would be interested in this both as a user and a possible contributor.  As
pointed out in the gnucash architecture document this is an area that might
be developed as a for-fee service (ie users pay to get the latest tax
tables).  I don't think I have the time to build such a business, but since I
already pay to get this service for our windows based accounting system, I
would be happy to give the money to an open-source entrepeneur instead.

Thanks

Russell Poyner