first draft of a merge rule set

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 14 10:38:50 EDT 2004

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> Clearly, I missed an earlier email that introduced the idea of
> what you are trying to do.  Can yo run that by me again?
> Meanwhile, I'll look for it ...

Read the website.  The goal is to provide a way to "merge" two books
together.  I.e., to "import" a book of data into an existing book.

>>   QofMergeResult qof_object_merge_compare(QofInstance*, QofInstance*);
>
> ? what's this do?

It would compare two qofinstance objects (of the same type) and let
you know if they are the same semantic object, maybe the same semantic
object, or definitely not the same semantic object.

>> I hope the comparison functions are based in the core objects???
>
> There already are compare funcs, used for sorting the results
> From queries.  Do these need to be enhanced?

Unclear at this time.  See the rest of this thread.