first draft of a merge rule set

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Wed Apr 14 11:10:33 EDT 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:38:50AM -0400, Derek Atkins was heard to remark:
> linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:
>
> > Clearly, I missed an earlier email that introduced the idea of
> > what you are trying to do.  Can yo run that by me again?
> > Meanwhile, I'll look for it ...

Found it.

The qof engine should get a function that allows the caller
to ask for all of the parameters in an object.  The user
can then loop over all of the paramaters and do whatever math
is desired, such as comparing strings, dates, amounts.

I would not want the compare func in the engine (at this time),
put it in the gui/druid directory.

--linas