Progress toward Budget module

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 6 00:09:20 EDT 2004

Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net> writes:

> 1) It compiles!

I *did* verify this before I committed....

> 2) When I click on new budget the "new budget 'druid'" opens _behind_
> the budget list.  I think it should be in front.
> 3) In fact, it seems to be _permanently_ behind the budget list.

This sounds like a window parenting problem..  But it could be a
window manager problem.

> 7) The second time I clicked on budget workbench, the budget I created
> was gone.  Maybe this is what was meant by "saving the budget" not
> working.  I thought it meant saving to a file, across consecutive
> executions of gnucash.

Well, that's not what *I* meant... It sounds like Darin isn't properly
storing the data in the book, and isn't properly loading it back in
when the workbench is opened.

> 13) Date format on Balance budget tab columns is d/m/y, while on track
> budget, mm/dd/yy.   Very confusing.

Darin probably needs to change this from a gnome_date_edit widget to
the gnc_date_edit widget.  This should make the dates more coherent
with the rest of the app.

> Possibly unrelated to budgeting:
[snip]

You should add these to the G2 porting status page in the Wiki so we
remember to check this later.  It's not related to the budget patch.