Progress toward Budget module

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Tue Aug 10 18:56:41 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 06:48:10PM -0400, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> I checked it out, and compiled it.
>
> Here are some initial impressions.  I'll look more closely later.

Second look: more comments:

1) In New Budget Category setup, the period column says monthy:10, even
though I selected the 1st of the month in previous window.
2) If there is some way to modify existing categories, I can't find it.
Oh, apparently, that's what "open" does.  Clicking 'cancel' in "modify
category" crashed gnucash.
3) Clicking "new category" opens a window titled "modify category".
Clicking 'cancel' in "modify category" crashes gnucash.
4) Clicking "open" in "new category" window throws:

(gnucash:3076): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkentry.c: line 3545
(gtk_entry_set_text): assertion `text != NULL' failed
Related Accouts: 0

 (gnucash:3076): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: invalid cast from
 `GncTreeModelAccount' to `GtkTreeModelSort'

  (gnucash:3076): Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtktreemodelsort.c: line 2016
  (gtk_tree_model_sort_get_model): assertion `GTK_IS_TREE_MODEL_SORT
  (tree_model)' failed
5) Clicking "ok" in "modify category" window also crashes gnucash.
6) Similar crashes in "modify category" window opened from "budget
setup" tab.

7) Important: This seems like essential functionality: amounts I enter in "balance budget" tab don't show up in "track budget" planned column, or anywhere else.

8) [FIXED] Budgets remain alive even when budget workbench is closed and
reopened.  They also retain previous settings.
9) "delete" budget does nothing.

-chris