gnome2 graphing status

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Fri Aug 13 11:28:31 EDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 02:30, Christian Stimming wrote:
> I'd say we just have to bite the bullet and admit that we have to drop
> the interactivity feature. Just to have "something" so that
> gnucash-gnome2 eventually got the graphing features up and running.
> Maybe someday someone might still reintroduce them, but for now I would
> definitely prefer to have the graphs and gnucash-gnome2 at all, compared
> to having additional large gnome2 delays...

Does this mean we're actually beginning to discuss a possible timeframe
for a release of gnucash-gnome2? If the dev's believe they are getting
closer to a point when the can actually say 'yeah we could aim for a
certain date depending on these things being solved' then I would have
some incentive to begin working on updating the docs for gnucash-g2.
I am, however, in agreement with Christian here. Dropping some features
in order to get the port out the door would be a good thing imho. There
will be, of course, a set of features that cannot be dropped without
seriously setting back GnuCash, but perhaps now is the time to start
looking at what those features are and realistically what we could leave
on the floor to be reintroduced at a future release?

Chris

--
RedHat Certified Engineer #807302549405490.
Checkpoint Certified Security Expert 2000 & NG
	| |^| | |  Life out here is raw
	| | |^| |  But we will never stop
	| |_|_| |  We will never quit
	| / __> |  cause we are Metallica