how to build gnucash against recent libgtkhtml?

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Thu Aug 19 15:55:23 EDT 2004

Thank you so much for you willingness to bear with all my silly
questions.  This is very helpful to me.

Thanks for the description of bugpatching procedures especially.

Debian provides me a handy "wontfix" tag, which is very convenient. :)

Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> writes:

> In particular, don't expect 150514 to ever get fixed.  We plan to move
> to an embedded-SQL storage so data is saved on every "commit".  No
> more "logs" to replay.  If nothing else it's a known issue.  "save
> early, save often."

Clearly the best solution.

> As for 150524, that's something that should get fixed, but it's
> unclear if it'll get fixed in 1.8 or not -- depends on what's
> required.  We've already got a lot of issues due to math overflows
> which have been fixed in HEAD but not back-ported to 1.8...  I don't
> know if there's any plan to back-port.

And this one is weird, because it only happens across save and
restart, which suggests that there is something about the save file
format, or something else, which makes it a pain--not just "oh, bump
the precision up".

> Personally I'd rather focus as much attention on fixing bugs in HEAD
> and getting g2 done.  But as I said, resources are minimal at best.

This is obviously the best strategy.  Is HEAD the prospective release
on the version 1 branch?

Thomas