how to build gnucash against recent libgtkhtml?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 19 16:05:15 EDT 2004

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb at becket.net> writes:

> Thank you so much for you willingness to bear with all my silly
> questions.  This is very helpful to me.
>
> Thanks for the description of bugpatching procedures especially.
>
> Debian provides me a handy "wontfix" tag, which is very convenient. :)

Well, I figure if I didn't you'd keep trying until I did...  I've
known you too long. ;)

>> As for 150524, that's something that should get fixed, but it's
>> unclear if it'll get fixed in 1.8 or not -- depends on what's
>> required.  We've already got a lot of issues due to math overflows
>> which have been fixed in HEAD but not back-ported to 1.8...  I don't
>> know if there's any plan to back-port.
>
> And this one is weird, because it only happens across save and
> restart, which suggests that there is something about the save file
> format, or something else, which makes it a pain--not just "oh, bump
> the precision up".

Agreed..  If it really is only across a save/load it does at least
limit the search to the xml backend code in src/backend/file.  But I
find it very odd -- I thought we had a test case for this.  But perhaps
not necessarily this level of precision.

I thought there WAS a rounding limitation in the register, so I would
have thought to look there, first.  If you've got a data file with the
commodities and accounts already set up it would help if you attached
it to the bug report.

>> Personally I'd rather focus as much attention on fixing bugs in HEAD
>> and getting g2 done.  But as I said, resources are minimal at best.
>
> This is obviously the best strategy.  Is HEAD the prospective release
> on the version 1 branch?

Theoretically, yes -- HEAD would turn into a "1.10" if we decide we
need that and can't finish the g2 port.  However I'd consider that a
last resort..  HEAD and g2 are kept separate as a last-ditch effort so
we at least HAVE a working environment while the g2 port progresses.
But ideally I'd prefer to get g2 finished and merge it back into HEAD
and make a 2.0 release.  *fingers crossed*