gnucash sql support in 1.8

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Sat Aug 21 22:22:53 EDT 2004

The previous Debian maintainer dropped the SQL version of Debian
gnucash, with the note "upstream is updating this backend to support
all the features in the 1.8.x series."

Derek recently intimated that sql support will make moot a bug I
reported (that account creation is not stored in replay logs).

This is just a status/intentions query, not any kind of pressure.  I'm
just wondering what the state is of the sql backend so that I can
judge what do to with sql-specific bugs filed in Debian (of which
there are a number).

If it's being rewritten de-novo in the current branch, then I can just
close the existing Debian bugs, as referring to a now-removed package
and not relevant to a brand new sql support.

If it's just being upgraded over time, then I will leave them open.

If it's really quite unlikely that the current branch will ever have
the sql support back, then I can just close the Debian bugs, as
referring to a now-removed package.

There may, of course, be more possibilities, and I would appreciate
any advice.

Thomas