documenting gncVendor (freshman effort)

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Dec 1 15:00:20 EST 2004

Hi,

Rich Johnson <rjohnson at dogstar-interactive.com> writes:

> My first round is an attempt at documenting gncVendor's accessors at
> http://workshop.dogstar-interactive.com/gnucash/group__Vendor.html

Ok, I'd take a look at gncCustomer.h for starters, as I believe that
is already doxygenized (although still needs flushing out).

> I'm still bootstrapping so I'd appreciate comments on style and
> content before I generate and post the diffs.

Ok.  I'll see what I can do to give you feedback.

> Now for the meat:
>   - What are the semantics of TaxIncluded/TaxTable/TaxTableOverride.
> What is the tax table overridden with?  Or does this flag mean that
> the tax tables are to be ignored.?

Ok, TaxIncluded is a flag that says whether, for this customer, taxes
are included in the price or taxes are in addition to the price.  See
the docs in the TaxTable module (business-core/gncTaxTable.h).

TaxTableOverride says whether or not to override the global taxtable
for this data file.

>   - What are the semantics of Active?

The intuitively obvious semantics -- is this an active customer or
not?  All the business objects have the same semantics, namely whether
or not a default search will find this object.

>   - What _exactly_ is an owner, and how should it be used?  It seems
> to be a weak reference (or proxy) for a vendor/customer/Employee/etc.

Exactly.  It's an abstraction.  See how it's used in gncInvoice.