MacOS X and hbci/gwenhywfar crash

Peter O'Gorman peter at pogma.com
Mon Dec 20 09:02:06 EST 2004

Christian Stimming wrote:
> Oops,
>
> Martin Preuss just pointed out to me that on Mac OS X, I need to call
> manually some initialization code in hbci's internal gwenhywfar library.
> I forgot to do so, because on Linux the __attribute__((constructor)) is
> automatically being called when loading a shared object.
>
> I'll fix this within the next days. Sorry for that, but thanks for
> pointing this out.

Yeah, I thought it might be a static constructor issue. Note that a little
birdie told me that the next release of Mac OS X will honor
__attribute__((constructor)) too, but the current dynamic linker is just broken.

Thanks for finding the issue so fast, I was just about to try and figure out
how to debug a core file :)

Peter
--
Peter O'Gorman - http://www.pogma.com