LibOFX version check fails

John Ellson ellson at research.att.com
Thu Dec 30 18:43:53 EST 2004

Derek Atkins wrote:

>I got this:
>
>checking for libofx version >= 0.7.0... ./configure: line 13411: test: version:: integer expression expected
>configure: error: Libofx 0.7.0 or newer needed for ofx support
>make: *** [config.status] Error 1
>
>I suspect the problem is that "ofxdump" is not in my PATH, but the
>configure test assumes it is (even if I supply
>--with-ofx-prefix=... to configure).
>
>-derek

Derek,

Fedora devel has an older version of libofx which you will need to
remove, along with the older version of
gnucash that depends on it.

I picked up the later libofx from:
    http://www.nanotechnologies.qc.ca/propos/linux/SRPMS/

You will also need: gwenhywfar, aqbanking, and their -devel rpms.

I note that someone has just put up a:  gnucash-1.8.10-8.src.rpm
I think it might be Patrice Guay as I found his name in the spec file
and was corresponding with him earlier about a problem with 1.8.10-7
requiring perl-CPAN
which doesn't exist for FC3+.   That was why I started down the CVS path.

John