Problem compiling gnucash-1-8-branch

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sat Feb 7 08:53:13 CST 2004

Tim Wunder <tim at thewunders.org> writes:

> On Saturday 07 February 2004 8:58 am, someone claiming to be Tim Wunder wrote:
>> On Friday 06 February 2004 4:23 pm, someone claiming to be Derek Atkins
> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
> <snip>
>> > I cannot reproduce this problem.  The code builds just fine for me.
>> >
>> > This is what I did:
>> >   cvs -q -d :pserver:... co -r gnucash-1-8-branch -P gnucash
>> >   cd gnucash
>> >   emacs configure.in
>> >     <remove po/Makefile intl/Makefile from the OUTPUT_FILES macro>
>
> OK, I'm officially confused.
> $ grep po/Makefile configure.in
> AC_OUTPUT( m4/Makefile  intl/Makefile po/Makefile.in
>
> $ grep OUTPUT_FILES configure.in
> results in nothing.
>
> I'm fairly intimidated by what's in configure.in WRT "AC_OUTPUT( m4/Makefile
> intl/Makefile po/Makefile.in"
> So I guess dickin' around with that is not the correct course of action.
> <snip>

Sorry, AC_OUTPUT is the correct place to edit it.

> What's the general state of HEAD these days? Should I just concentrate on
> experimenting with that instead of the 1.8 branch? The FC1 RPM of gnucash
> that I'm currently using (gnucash-1.8.8-1) has been OK, so I doubt I'd get
> any benefit from running 1.8 branch from CVS. I suspect that there's not much
> effort put into fixing bugs in the branch these days...

There's not enough effort to fixing bugs at all, unfortunately...
Most of the developers are busy.  However I would suggest you not use
HEAD for real data at this time.  You're welcome to use it and report
bugs (similarly you're welcome with the g2 branch) but it's not quite
ready for primetime, IMHO.