GnuCash page on GO site

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Sun Feb 22 21:37:16 CST 2004

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> My apologies for the guppi fiasco. I feel responsible ...
> I trusted someone's word once that guppi was great shit even
> thought my gut instinct went the other way.  And so I promoted
> it to the gnumeric folks, making myself look foolish too ...
> again, my apologies.

Actually, what I'd like (not from you, since this wasn't your doing)
is an appology for the half-completed guile-modularization of gnucash,
which:

 a) increased the program startup time
 b) increased the fragility of gnucash
 c) decreased the debugability of gnucash
 d) makes it REALLY hard to figure out WTF it's doing.

Whoever decided that "hey, gnucash should be a scheme script"
should be SHOT.  Especially since the work was never fully finished.

But this is getting WAAAYYYYY off-topic for the gnome-office people.