GnuCash page on GO site

Charles Goodwin charlie at xwt.org
Mon Feb 23 04:44:19 CST 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-23 at 04:40, Derek Atkins wrote:
> >> A better overview of gal would be nice.
> >
> > Just call it 'libevolution' and ignore it.
>
> Wish I could -- it's a dependency of either libgtkhtml or libgnomeui
> -- I don't recall which.  So I can't ignore it.   Wish I could.

Why do you need libgtkhtml and/or libgnomeui?

Just to note, from perusing Gentoo ebuilds:
* libgnomeui is a dependency of libgtkhtml
* libgal is _not_ a dependency of either

Jody has recently been on a mission to eliminate all Gnome-dependent
dependencies, in order to achieve a cross-platform Gnumeric release.

Perhaps this would be a wise goal for GnuCash-2.2?
--
- Charlie

Charles Goodwin <charlie at xwt.org>
Online @ http://www.charlietech.com