Bundling G-Wrap

Andreas Rottmann a.rottmann at gmx.at
Tue Jul 6 10:22:59 EDT 2004

[ CC'ing g-wrap-dev, guile-gtk-general. The discussion is about that
  since G-Wrap now comes without GLib bindings, the GnuCash folks have a
  dependency more, which they seem utterly opposed to ]

linas at linas.org (Linas Vepstas) writes:

> My take on this? g-wrap should probably be a standard part of guile,
> or swig, or something, and not a stand-alone package.

- Ad bundling it with Guile: would mean _way_ too slow releases
- with SWIG: You wouldn't suggest bundling e.g. Python with Perl, would you?

I could vaguely imagine bundling G-Wrap with the core guile-gnome
module (guile-glib), but I'm not at all convinced that this would be a
good thing. What do the other guile-gnome developers think about that?

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Rotty at ICQ      | 118634484 at ICQ | a.rottmann at gmx.at

Latein ist das humanoide Äquivalent zu Fortran.
   -- Alexander Bartolich in at.linux