QofSetterFunc

Linas Vepstas linas at linas.org
Sun Jul 25 11:22:36 EDT 2004

On Sun, Jul 25, 2004 at 10:29:05AM +0100, Neil Williams was heard to remark:
> On Sunday 25 July 2004 12:23, Linas Vepstas wrote:
> > On Sat, Jul 24, 2004 at 07:48:57PM +0100, Neil Williams was heard to remark:
> > > I see that most qof_class_register calls set a NULL in place of the
> > > possible QofSetterFunc. I couldn't find a single (QofSetterFunc) with a
> > > grep of src/ but maybe that's just me.
>
> > :) its a place holder, haven't gotten around to filling it in.
>
> > > Or just that nobody had a
> > > use for them, yet?
>
> > Yes.
>
> > > Can I change each qof_class_register section to use appropriate Set
> > > functions, where they exist?
>
> > Yes.
>
> OK. There are, naturally, some QofAccessFunc routines that are simply not
> suitable for a corresponding QofSetterFunc - ones that rely on calculated
> balances etc.

Yes.

> Are your SQL needs going to be similar to the merge:

Yes.

> This would lead to a useful check:
> If param_setfcn is NULL, ignore the param_getfcn for the comparison rules.
>
> Is that too simple.
> (expected answer, Yes.)
> :-))

Yes, and its a good trick too, to distingusih 'real' paramters from
'synthetic' ones.

> > I've converted most things to use QofEntity; I was planing on converting
> > most things to actually use QofInstance (so that they would all have a
> > common setter for the KVP tree, and some other common items.)  Prices
> > stick out like a sore thumb, and would need a major overhaul.  There
> > are other odds-n-ends, such as currencies.
>
> I know, that's a problem in the merge - haven't figured that out yet.

Try pestering me a bit down the road, I'd like to do this cleanup.
p.s. I'll be out for 3 weeks so there'll be radio silense.

> As we'll both be using the same setter functions, I'm hoping our needs are
> similar?

Yes. That's why the setters are there :)

--linas