qof_book_merge working

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Jul 25 18:21:28 EDT 2004

After a lot of huffing and puffing, a few name changes and some 1,000 lines of
code, I've just merged my first two QofBook structures successfully.

OK, it's got a way to go before it can cope with complex books but it's
getting there. It should make it easier to import data from various formats
as well as deal with closed books and other uses.

It comes down to just three API calls. An Init, a callback loop and a Commit.

After discussions with Linas, I'll be aiming to get the routine into QOF as a
completely generic function.

I'm off to bed but I'll post the most recent updates and the command line test
routine tomorrow, at codehelp.co.uk/code

Once it's dealing with more complex books, it'll be ready for CVS.

--

Neil Williams