API or Perl module / SQL access?

Charles, Tony (Exchange) Tony.Charles at bear.com
Thu Jul 1 12:58:40 EDT 2004

Hi, I'm thinking of possibly using gnucash, but I'd like to automate certain things.

Is there a Perl module that can put account entries directly into the underlying gnucash database?

If so, is there a guide or document related to this kind of thing? For example, how can I learn about which SQL tables to update?

Or, must one use the GUI to interact with gnucash?

Or maybe I'm jumping the gun because the data is still an XML file?

Thanks!